Monday, August 4, 2008
The Power Trip...
What is it about power being the equivalent of morphine in the realm of human consciousness? It's strikes me as a bit funny when I look at it now. Back in the day, I remember these strange decisions I made when I had the power to hurt someone or cause some damage. I did! Never even thought twice about it or looked in retrospect or all that jazz. Just did it and moved on with my life. I never knew what it felt like until very recently. I mean, sure I felt it in work, day to day life and so on but never in real life, where it hurts the most....with someone you care about. Last of these episodes I remember clearly, having the upper hand over someone very dear to me. Someone I cherished and still do cherish and will cherish no matter what. That said, I messed up that person's life and there's nothing more I can do about it. Thing is, now I regret that so damn much and it kills. The essence of it is quite simple actually. Decisions that are made in a state of power induced high are not the correct ones mostly. They feel reasonably acceptable at the time but as time wears off and the days go on and on and life does its thing, two things are bound to happen. Either the regret kicks in...heavily or you just throw it behind your back and move on. Personally, I've come to regret it.... I sincerely Hope you don't....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment