Tuesday, July 29, 2008
The Dentist's Stairs
I'm sitting here, on the stairs outside my dentist's clinic waiting for the orderly to call my ticket. Nothing spectacular, just smoking the time away. Got a cigarette in my hand and nothing better to do but wait. People passing are very interesting. I try to gauge them, judge them, find something in their eyes, a clue to who they are, what life them lead and i find nothing. I guess I'm being a bit self righteous about how i see them, the things they do that seem disgusting to me. Throwing a cigarette on the ground, that kind of thing, and the first thing that comes to mind is how on earth are these people doing these things? In an instant i forget what i used to do and what i was like. It just happens i guess. We do forget our own faults when we see or hear of other peoples' faults and i am getting it now. Being in the situation i am in now, i really get it. It really is an ugly when a soul condemns another soul. Word to the wise.... Buy a mirror. Guess where the butt of my now finished cigarette is now?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment