Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hancock vs. Superman

Someone was telling me about that movie, Hancock and it struck me as pretty fuckin' funny. Without even seeing it, the 'Hero', Hancock is a recovering alcoholic with super powers. A man after my own heart! The idea of the boozed up superhero is as exciting as any and pretty much easy for me, and others like me, to relate to than relating to a bozo like Superman. I mean, for fucks sake... Superman. The cat's all proper and shit with these superhuman powers and apparently super principles, if such a thing really exists. Pretty fuckin' lame! Acting all proper and shit all the time no matter which persona he's assuming, like a titanium wedge got stuck up his ass, permanently making him right and proper. Hancock, now that's another deal. He's a cat who's kickin' it, having a ball while he's at it and going through all the ups and downs of his moral defects. The man goes to meetings and all that jazz and he is recovering and when he manages to save the world of whatever by the hand of some evil psychopath, I can say with a lot of conviction, despite not seeing the movie, that he does it with a bang.... with finesse and in a way probably cooler, funnier, more exciting, lamer, sicker and more demented than your average superhero!! Now that's cool shit. On the other end of the super spectrum comes Mr. Superman, looking all bright and shiny in his blue and red wetsuit with a cape that seems to have been stuck to him since back in the day when he was still a thought in his parents' minds. Ta ta ta ta taaaaaa.... and the world is saved from Lex Luthor and his evil schemes. Apologies to all Superman fans....... but it's just another croc of shit. You're probably wondering where all this jive is going and what the end result of the ramblings of this raging lunatic are trying to prove. It all comes down to the ability to relate and to be related to. You see, it's pretty hard for me to relate to normal people, all the little bo peeps of the world and their Clark Kents. Its hard cause that just ain't me. I'm a fuckin' headcase and I love it! I don't understand the normal thought process cause I never had one in my life. It was always pretty motherfuckin' twisted in some form or the other. That said, I don't expect you to relate to me either or follow this note till the end and come out with anything less than I am a fucked in the head fruitcake. The others, on the other hand, probably get it. Lovin' it or not, they get it, and that in itself is good enough for me.

No comments: