Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Planning.... Really?

Mike Tyson.... Not the smartest of individuals to roam the planet, but it seems that the pearls of wisdom are always coming out of the asses of fruitcakes, hmmm... Anyways, the man bit someone's ear off, raped a minor, went to jail not once, but twice... Granted, he's an animal... I disagree... 'Every boxer has a plan.... until he's hit!'. This is something Mike Tyson said before and it hit a nerve somewhere deep down inside. Don't know why it did though. Maybe it's cause I've never been a planner. Maybe it's cause I see people planning and planning and planning some more and see it all going to shit at one point or another, I don't know. Thinking about the future and the past and trying to make heads or tails of it, forecasting where one's life will be in five years and all that... It just doesn't work... I get asked that stupid question in every interview I go to, and the answer is always the same.... How the hell should I know.... I mean, I would love to be a CEO, own a yacht, house, fifteen cars. I'm only human... but how the hell whould I know where I'll be in years and years to come. The irony of it, which was totally lost upon me, is that we think too much of the future and never of the present that we lose complete touch with the now. It might sound philosopical and shit, but it's very true. What about now? This moment? The things happening all around and inside... Completely disregarded and discarded, all for the higher purpose of 'planning' and several never to be answered what ifs... Do your thing and step back and let the man upstairs decide... It's easier, more peaceful, simpler and most definitely less painful...

No comments: